I am excited to be giving a free online session as part of the Idera Live Virtual Conference, 2018!
Here are the details on my session:
To Force Plans, or Not to Force Plans, That Is the Question
We have new ways to force execution plans in SQL Server: in SQL Server 2017, you can even let SQL Server temporarily force query plans for you and test if it works well!
In this session, you’ll learn:
- How forcing plans with Query Store compares with the older technology of Plan Guides
- How to tell when a plan has been forced
- What “morally equivalent plans” are (and why they’re a good thing)
- How to see if a query has a high variation in performance
- How to decide, “Should I force this plan?” and “Should I let SQL Server force plans for me?”
But wait, there’s more
I’m not the only one giving cool sessions that day — check out more free sessions at the Idera Live Virtual Conference.
Hope to see you there!