Windowing functions give you great flexibility for analyzing data in SQL Server. But how can you get the best performance for your windowing functions?
In this 45 minute, demo-packed course, you will learn index design for windowing functions, when batch mode may be important, and how to compare the performance of Window Spool and Window Aggregate operators.
- Meet the challenge code (9 minutes)
- Scripts and slide downloads
- Dig into the plan and test a nonclustered index (11 minutes)
- What can an indexed view do? (5 minutes)
- Bring in the nonclustered columnstore index! (8 minutes)
- Hacking in the Window Aggregate operator with a rowstore nonclustered index (9 minutes)
- Summary and recap (4 minutes)
- Quiz: check in on what you learned
- Course survey