What happens when you use NOLOCK hints in your code, or set your isolation level to READ UNCOMMITTED in SQL Server? Learn the dirty secrets and potential uses of NOLOCK.
- The dirtiest secret: NOLOCK returns garbage data (10 minutes)
- The fast alternative to NOLOCK: indexing (5 minutes)
- Why NOLOCK is a misnomer (7 minutes)
- Bad phenomena that can occur under NOLOCK (2 minutes)
- Uses for NOLOCK: admin queries and garbage data (5 minutes)
- Allocation order scans (13 minutes)
- A common error with NOLOCK – and more alternatives (6 minutes)